That was a weird first week. In one hand I dedicated a very small amount of time to writing, but I did make some really good progress on the time I did seat my butt down and worked.
In general, it was a sort of productive week, but I could have done more. (I really need to finish Dragon Age already so it will let me go freeee! XD)
Progress so far:
- Worked 3 days this week, 2 short of my 5 days a week goal. Got very few words written, but I plotted and outlined the short story I want to work on next. It is a romance and I’m really looking forward to starting writing it for real, the few scenes I already have were very fun to create.
- Started a new book, A Hero at the End of the World By Erin Claiborne. So far it’s good, I’m not completally in love but it’s entertaining.
- Journal is doing great, I missed writing on paper.
Here we go again! New year and all the feelings of fresh start that come with it. This is second time I join this challenge, I didn’t do so good last time, but I feel like this time around I have a better idea of what I can actually accomplish in a 80 days time frame. So, without any more detours, goals for this round:
- Write 55 of those 80 days (more or less 2/3).
- Get 30k of fiction on paper. (Paper, screen… you get the idea!)
- Work on the HL short stories. have no idea of how long those will be yet, so it’s harder to try to predict how far in it I will get.
- Write 30 drabbles for 100 Drabbles Challenge.
- Keep a journal.
- Read 4 books.
And that is it. Good luck to everyone! 😀
It’s almost November and NaNoWriMo is here. This means I need to double my word count goal, 2k instead of 1k, so I can reach 50k and keep a few free days in the month. Experience has taught me that I really need those free days. I want to finish this novel during the month, what might be more than 50K, but let’s see how it goes.
I have a little planning (just a little) and chocolate. What could go wrong?
- I finished one short story this week and edited another one, on total, I wrote 3k this and edited another 4k. Could be a little better.
- I’m not reaching my word count goal for the month, not sure yet how behind I will end the month but I’m happy in general. The days I did manage to work are productive, I just skipped too many days.
- I’m very behind in the things I actually planned to write, I keep getting distracted and working on something else instead. This way I just end up with 20 work in progress at the same time! I need to focus.
- No progress in the computer files clean up of doom this week.
- Almost done reading book 1 of 5.
I discovered about this challenge a few days ago and decided to give it a try. So, here it goes, without any actual planning or preparation, my goals for the next 80 days!
- The Goal: Write 100k of fiction.
- This means 25k in october, 50k in november and 25k in december.
- The intention is to write 1k every day during october and december, with 5 days off. And a mad dash for NaNo because I honestly find it tons of fun.
- The Projects:
- Finish the second draft of A Tale of Two Girls – I’m not counting words here, it’s revision and it’s already half way done.
- Write anthology submission – 15k
- Write Unexpected Change – 50k (This is my NaNo novel. I’m not focusing in the 50k goal but in getting to the end and I suspect it might end up being more than 50k actually)
- Rough draft for 3 short stories (small town series) – each one from 10k to 15k
- Some extras:
- Organize my dump file, look at half written ideas to see if it’s worth keep going.
- Read 5 books.
I’m not sure how doable all this is in that time frame actually. I’m not used to keep track of what gets done and when and I might be completely off here, but I want to give the challenge a try anyway.