This was a good week so far. I’m starting to get in the habit of doing things every day again, and seeing things get finished is a great motivator. A good to-do list and some routine really can do miracles.
I’m keeping a very neat weekly to-do list and it really helps me focus in what need to get done next. I got all my work related tasks done, and managed to squeeze extra time for writing and language practice. Not going to lie, the pleasure of striking things out is a big part of it. 😀
- Wrote all days, got almost 2k written this week so far. And, more important, started working in a Stiry I was procrastinating on and turns out to be really fun to write after I started.
- 3 drabbles done.
- Started the net one
Today I just have a very quick update, last week was very uneventful. It’s too hot to do anything but seating by the pool and not moving… Summer is making me lazy! But it does make me read a lot, the whole not moving thing is a great incentive. 😀
- I didn’t write much this week. Very fail from my part, just played around with some future ideas, but no word count progress in the main project, ans just a couple hundred words in the secondary one.
- Finished my book. Now time to pick a new one
That was a weird first week. In one hand I dedicated a very small amount of time to writing, but I did make some really good progress on the time I did seat my butt down and worked.
In general, it was a sort of productive week, but I could have done more. (I really need to finish Dragon Age already so it will let me go freeee! XD)
Progress so far:
- Worked 3 days this week, 2 short of my 5 days a week goal. Got very few words written, but I plotted and outlined the short story I want to work on next. It is a romance and I’m really looking forward to starting writing it for real, the few scenes I already have were very fun to create.
- Started a new book, A Hero at the End of the World By Erin Claiborne. So far it’s good, I’m not completally in love but it’s entertaining.
- Journal is doing great, I missed writing on paper.
I had a very well defined plan of what I intended to do in my break. I had goals! I was going to exercise! And then my roomate acquired the new Dragon Age… I don’t think I’m living my apartament for the next week. XD
- I didn’t make much progress word count wise, but I did write all days but one. I end up making a much more detailed outline than what I thought I would do, so that slowed me down, but I’m happy with my progress.
- Wrote in my journal all days and about relevant stuff. \o/
- I’m not reading anything right now, everything in my to-read pile looks kinda boring. I suspect I need a trip to the bookstore for some new books.
Here we go again! New year and all the feelings of fresh start that come with it. This is second time I join this challenge, I didn’t do so good last time, but I feel like this time around I have a better idea of what I can actually accomplish in a 80 days time frame. So, without any more detours, goals for this round:
- Write 55 of those 80 days (more or less 2/3).
- Get 30k of fiction on paper. (Paper, screen… you get the idea!)
- Work on the HL short stories. have no idea of how long those will be yet, so it’s harder to try to predict how far in it I will get.
- Write 30 drabbles for 100 Drabbles Challenge.
- Keep a journal.
- Read 4 books.
And that is it. Good luck to everyone! 😀
In general, 2014 was not a good year. I hit a weird funk right at the beginning if it and kind spiraled in terrible moods, depression and feeling bad about myself. I’m now starting to get better, in the last couple of months, after almost a year.
Besides that I met some really nice people around April that really helped with making this year bearable. And I’m thankful for having them in my life.
I started and failed at finishing a lot of things this year. I always was bad at focusing and seeing things through. This was very true this year.
In a way, I’m more lost now than I was at this point last year. But I feel better about it, I’m no longer lying to myself about it.
For 2015 I wish a better year, more focus, and that I finally manage to crawl out of this hole I am right now.
I started working in my novel again, small word count goal for now. I have reached that point where you really hate all your characters and plot. But it’s moving ahead. \o/
I also started poking at an old project. Reworking the plot, and expanding it. I think it will end up being a series. I’m excited about it.
- I got 500 words written every day this week.
- I finished reading book 1 of 5.
- Almost done on old files clean up.