I discovered about this challenge a few days ago and decided to give it a try. So, here it goes, without any actual planning or preparation, my goals for the next 80 days!
- The Goal: Write 100k of fiction.
- This means 25k in october, 50k in november and 25k in december.
- The intention is to write 1k every day during october and december, with 5 days off. And a mad dash for NaNo because I honestly find it tons of fun.
- The Projects:
- Finish the second draft of A Tale of Two Girls – I’m not counting words here, it’s revision and it’s already half way done.
- Write anthology submission – 15k
- Write Unexpected Change – 50k (This is my NaNo novel. I’m not focusing in the 50k goal but in getting to the end and I suspect it might end up being more than 50k actually)
- Rough draft for 3 short stories (small town series) – each one from 10k to 15k
- Some extras:
- Organize my dump file, look at half written ideas to see if it’s worth keep going.
- Read 5 books.
I’m not sure how doable all this is in that time frame actually. I’m not used to keep track of what gets done and when and I might be completely off here, but I want to give the challenge a try anyway.